March & April in Review

March

6 Shankar Vedantam, of NPR’s Hidden Brain podcast, visits Lakeside as a part of the Mark J. Bebie ’70 Memorial Lecture.

25 The United Nations Security Council votes on a resolution demanding an immediate ceasefire in Gaza for the Muslim observance of Ramadan. This comes after many failed resolutions, blocked by the United States.

27 Students hear from all seven Stud Gov Presidential Candidates during assembly, and cast their ballots, electing Rohan D. ’25 as President and Mary Y. ’25 as Vice President.

April

2–3 Lakeside holds the first-ever “Lakeside Fund Day” using social media to raise over $287,000 in donations from alumni and community members.

13 Iran launches attack on Israeli soil, responding to Israel’s strike 12 days earlier on the Iranian embassy in Damascus, Syria. Reports say one seven-year-old girl was severely injured, in addition to some others facing minor injuries. Less than a week later, Israel retaliates with drone and missile attack, leaving tensions in the area high.

16–20 GLOW holds Week of Listening, spreading awareness on the LGBTQ+ community within Lakeside’s faculty, Seattle, and the World through an assembly, two Faculty Panels, and a decorated student center, culminating in the annual GLOW dance.