Fall at Lakeside Through Five Lenses

Photos and accompanying statements invite you to bask in the glory of the fall season

Fall is a wonderful time to explore Lakeside and appreciate the beauty of nature. Whether you are looking for a quiet location to study, a beautiful place to take photos, or a fun activity to do with your friends, there is something for everyone. 

Here are the five outstanding spots around campus to best experience the fall colors. Each shows up with a different personality: free-spirited, statesman-like, fun, mysterious, and nostalgic. I am sure you will fall in love with at least one of them. 

So step outside — watch the changing leaves dancing in the wind, smell the fragrance of the pumpkin spice, step on the crunchy leaves in the driveway – and take a moment to breathe. Don’t miss this opportunity to experience the magic of fall on our campus.

#1 Dashing leaves near the entrance to Pigott

The fall leaves are here for now

As long as nature will allow 

A splash of orange, a dash of red

A brush of yellow up ahead.

They whisper secrets in the breeze

And dance and sway with graceful ease

They paint the sky with a golden hue

And bring the world start anew.

Soon they’ll fade and fall away

And leave the branches bare and gray

They’ll join the earth in silent rest

And wait for spring to re-manifest.

#2 The meandering pathway 

Fall leaves are thrown across the pathway as the faces of students erupt in joy. It’s the equivalent of a snowball fight – a leaf fight, except it’s warmer, softer, and you can immerse yourself in fall! It’s the perfect walkway where you and your friends should just come, hang out here, and have brilliant fun. You can walk along the pathway, relish the soaring trees, and maybe even spy a squirrel or two. It will be a blast. So what are you waiting for? Grab your jackets, and let’s go!

# 3 Red Square – Fall splendor at the heart of Lakeside

(from the communications photo library, by Ms. Ridgeway 23-24?)

We invite you to admire the glorious fall sight of the Red Square. Here, in the heart of our campus, we gather to celebrate our accomplishments, honor our traditions, and forge our future. The colors of the leaves are a testament to the richness and diversity of our community. 

No. 4 Secret garden

Behold, the fall colors of Bliss. They can announce your fortune: You are someone who has a secret past, hidden beneath a veil; someone who has a passion for the present, living each moment to the fullest; or someone who has a vision for the future, waiting for a sign to journey on. Who are you?

# 5: Blissful memories: A view from the window

As the leaves change color and the air grows crisp, fall is a time for reflection and nostalgia. The third-floor windows of the Bliss building offer a perfect view of the changing foliage. The window panes frame the trees like a painting, creating a picturesque scene. It’s a reminder to slow down and appreciate the beauty around us. As F. Scott Fitzgerald once wrote, “Life starts all over again when it gets crisp in the fall.” Take a moment to enjoy the view and memorize the season.